Big D

Big D

Monday, March 06, 2006

Ticket to get Cowboys; March Madness Time

Well, I spent the weekend in Washington, D.C. so I am a little late to the March Madness party that started this past weekend with teams starting to get their invites to the dance.

I, the sick bastard that I am, follow a lot of this worthless conferences because I enjoy wagering on college hoops all season. Not big money but I enjoy putting some money in play following college basketball.

For that reason, I absolutely love this time of year. Two years ago, living at Jefferson, Marcus and I had a pretty good run and I remember being up about $500 at the end of the regular season. Come tourney time, i took a huge bath culminating with a $75 on Georgia Tech +6 or something against UCONN. Of course, UCONN wins the final by 7 and I had burned basically all of my profits by the end of the tournament.

I will advise anyone putting money on games during this time of year to tread lightly. You can get burned.

With that said, I will be posting college hoop plays here from time to time and we'll see how it goes.

I like Iona tonight -8 against St. Peters in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC) final. After the Marist Red Foxes got hot and fizzled, Iona has been the class of the MAAC all year and St. Peters has gotten hot recently but is nowhere near the team Iona has been all season.

St. Peters did beat IOna 76-72 back on January 30th at IOna. That would worry me except Iona beat St. Peters 83-75 on the road earlier in the season. Conferences like this don't have any at-large bids so anything's possible, but I'll take the far superior team and lay the points in this one. Small play.

And as of 5 o'clock today, the Ticket is going to be broadcasting Cowboys games for the next 5 years. Not sure if that is a good or a bad thing yet. Frankly I really don't give a damn because I get sick of Cowboys talk on the Ticket already. I do know one thing. I am going to be really sick of Mickey Spagnola very quickly. And no Marcus, I will not leave MICKEY ALONE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to say your sick, but your sick. It's one thing picking a few ACC or Big 10 games you like, but when your sifting through the MAAC to find games of interest your either a genius or really sick.

I like the input though and I'm sure I'll blindly follow you. I just hope you have better insight for me then the fact UNLV had a long plane ride to Minnesota and then still found a way to cover.

Anonymous said...

i too, will take iona.

hammond