Big D

Big D

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I'm Engaged

I hope all of you loyal blog readers can forgive the lack of updates the last 10 days. While I know plenty has happened in the sports world since I last posted, my personal life has also brought about some big happenings. Last Wednesday, I got engaged to my girlfriend of 3 years, Sarah. I couldn't be happier to have her in my life and I look forward to spending the rest of my life with her. On top of the engagement, we both spent the last 5 days traveling up in the Pacific Northwest speding time in Seattle, Vancouver, and Whistler. What a phenomenal trip.

Unfortuantely or fortunately for those of you who follow my picks, I didn't post any plays this past weekend because frankly I had very little time to analyze last week's games and was content to just sit last week out. It seems like plenty of people did well last week, so I was happy to hear that news. I will post my plays for this upcoming weekend probably tomorrow or Friday.

Below is a recap of what has happened since I left last week



The US gets embarrassed again in the Ryder Cup losing 18.5 to 9.5 to Europe, and this result really should come as shock to noone.

The Ryder Cup is still one of my favorite sporting events, but until the American side finds some young talent who can match up to the European side who should be good for years to come. Sergio Garcia, Luke Donald, and Paul Casey are not going anywhere and noone on this US Ryder Cup team was under the age of 30.



I didn't get to see a minute of this game, but Notre Dame somehow managed to come back from a huge deficit and beat Michigan St. 40-37.



The Saints win an emotional game in their return to the Superdome and now stand 3-0 under new coach Sean Payton.

Bill Clinton Freaks Out on Fox News



Cardinals in Danger of Missing Playoffs

A once comfortable lead in the National League Central has now been trimmed to 1.5 games thanks to a seven game losing streak. The Astros are surging and I will be sick if the Cardinals manage to lose the division to the never say die Astros.

Weekend picks to follow soon.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club.