Big D

Big D

Monday, February 19, 2007

Down Time; More Random Videos

The sports calendar during the super bowl and opening day in baseball is where I need to take a break. I used to not take breaks following sports pre-Sarah, but when a woman enters your life, your priorities tend to change. I wish I could watch every college basketball game and every golf tournament. Thank god for Tivo because without tivo to catch up on the miss sports I would probably be single.

While the Daytona 500 (who cares I don't care if it was the greatest finish in the history of auto racing I can't act interested) and NBA All Star game (snoozer) happened this weekend, I really didn't miss much. Although Chuckie Howell beating Mickelson in a 3 hole playoff at the Nissan Open definitely was the one thing I really didn't want to miss. Oh well, the NCAAs are fast approaching so it's not like the sports doldrums will last long.

Here's a few links for you to enjoy:

Texas squeaks by Baylor in Waco on Saturday night 68-67 and very easily could have lost . Oh yea Durant had 34. He's reallllllllll good.


Big games at Tech (tuesday) and at OU (Saturday) will go a long way to determining where Texas will be come tournament time.

Mark and Cuyler should appreciate this:

Terje's First Descent




Vince Young winning the Rose Bowl and the reaction as fans watched at Alamo Draft House:

Pretty amazing stuff even now. Almost as cool as being inside the stadium and the only two people in orange in a sea or USC colors in the middle of the USC alum section as Vince Young scored into our end zone. I very easily would have been beaten into a pulp by numerous people if I hadn't been with Sarah as I tackled her on this score...

No comments: