Big D

Big D

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Next Koufax and Wearing Red




Baseball probably reached the peak of its popularity in this country in the 1950s. While the sport was huge in the 20s and 30s, after World War II major league baseball expanded out West starting with the Dodgers leaving Brooklyn and Giants leaving from New York for San Francisco(both in 1957) and going from there.

While Baseball is not considered a growing sport because it is too slow for this ADD generation, the sport will always have more nostalgia than any other and its fans are no less passionate then they were 25 or 50 years ago. With that being said, there is still nothing to me like baseball. Maybe it's because I was born in a baseball town (St. Louis), but I love America's pastime. With the season less than a month away, I figured I would give some baseball tidbits...

I picked up my tickets for the first 5 games of the Rangers season today so I am pretty pumped even if the team is probably headed nowhere. The kids in the Minors are hopefully not far away so hope always springs eternal at this point of the season.

Maybe the Rangers would be better served going back to their red uniforms.

Apparently, teams in Red win more

Highland Park Product and Uber Prospect Clayton Kershaw is going to be a very good pitcher barring some sort of collapse. He is only 20 years but arleady he is drawing comparisons to the great Sandy Koufax. Watch this clip of Kershaw's curveball and you might become a believer yourself.

No comments: