Big D

Big D

Friday, September 26, 2008

9/27 Picks

I've slacked this year so far on posting my college football picks. While I am off to a torrid start, I have yet to post my plays on this blog. Let's hope the good run continues.

First, check out super redshirt Freshman QB Robert Griffin of Baylor who is making some waves down in Waco this year.



Here is what I like this weekend:

Colorado +6 over Florida St. (in Jax) --

Florida St. had 7 Turnovers against Wake last weekend so I guess their offensive woes are not over. Colorado is gritty as hell this year and I expect their defense to keep them in this one. While FSU will have the fan advantage, only 40K tickets were sold as of midweek.

@Penn St. -16 over Illinois --

This spread has moved most likely because of the return of both Penn St. defensive Lineman who were reinstated earlier this week Penn St. has been a covering machine so far this year so we will see if it continues in their big 10 opener.

@UNLV -4 over Nevada --

UNLV all of a sudden looks pretty salty after wins against Arizona St. and Iowa St. This is a bitter rivalry and Nevada has won the last few in this series. I think it changes this week. Hat tip to dolly for his inside info on the Rebels.

Northwestern +8.5 over Iowa --

Iowa traditionally is very tough at home under Ferentz. But Northwestern quietly has been building their program and I expect this one to be close.

Wisky -6 over Michigan --

Both teams off a bye week and I think Wisconsin needs to have a good showing prior to bigger tilts against Ohio St. and Penn ST. I don't think Michigan has enough to stay in this one even at home.

Bama +7 over Georgia --

This series is historically very tight and I see no reason for this game to be any different. Take the points even on the road with Bama...

Good luck to everyone this week...

No comments: