Big D

Big D

Friday, April 01, 2005

Final Four, Pope, and Tom Delay

This blog has been lying dormant for awhile so i thought I'd try to ressurrect it. With the Terry Schiavo story finally fading away, the pope's health becomes the next story that the cable networks and media will latch onto like the blood-sucking leaches that they are. I admit to watch just as much cable news as the next person (CNN is my preferred network), but enough is enough with this saturated news coverage we have in our country today. I guess there is nothing we can do besides grin and bear it. Before I move on to more interesting matters (final four, start of baseball season), I have to get one more political point off my chest.

Tom Delay has officially moved past any other politician on my most evil list. This guy is so crooked and so fake that it makes me sick. I understand plenty of other politicans cow-tie to the religious right (an i'm ok with that), but I'm not ok with his blatant disregard for any shred of ethics. With the redistricting of the Texas congressional districts along with his blatant illegal campaign financing, you would think this guy would be in serious trouble of losing his job. That's the great thing about America though. If you have the money and power, you can become truly invincible. What a country! Is it any shock that Delay's home district is located no other than in the great city of Houston. Just another in the long line of great american crooks to come out of that city.

Okay.... Time to move onto more important things like the start of baseball season and the final four.

Final Four Predictions
UNC -5 over Michigan St.
While I really don't like either team all that much (I dogged on Michigan St. all season), I think UNC has too much talent to to lose to Tom Izzo's squad. Michigan St. should be able to match up well defensively with the UNC juggernaut and on paper they should make it a really close game. Unfortunately for MSU, you don't play games on paper and UNC has some sick talent that I don't think will slip up here. I have really been impressed with Sean May's play this tournament and UNC should win this one going away. It should be a competitive game, but i think UNC will win this one rather handily. UNC 86 Michigan St. 74.

Louisville +3 over Illinois
This should be a great game. Illinois has the superior guard play, but something about this Louisville team really scares me. I think it will come down to the final 2 minutes with Illinois winning at the wire. They seem to be a team of destiny this year and CBS would kill to get a UNC-Illiinois final (Best ratings since '93 UNC / Fab 5?). Illinois 74 Louisville 73.

I would make guess as to wins a UNC / Illinois final, but i'll wait until tomorrow's games are played.

I'm worn out typing now so i'll update with baseball talk a little later tonight / tomorrow morning.

Until then I'll leave you with a famous quote from Z's favorite,

"Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood".

T

No comments: