Big D

Big D

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Baseball Brawls are Cool




Sure, the Rangers 9-3 win over Anaheim felt like just another game that the Rangers desperately needed. And yes, the Rangers still have not picked up any ground on Oakland during this hot streak and actually sit 6.5 games back in the AL West currently.

In a scene that should surprise noone who has been watching these two teams play all season, the brawl last night was enjoyable to see for this particualr fan. And sure the media around town is saying that this incident combined with the Kenny Rogers camera man fiasco and the Frank Francisco chair thorwing escapade in Oakland a few years back give the franchise a black eye around the league. While that may be true to a point, I'm just happy this team is showing a little life.

Even if it's too litte too late, it's nice to know that at least some players care. I still think this team is likely headed nowhere with Buck Showalter as manager. I have been a big Buck supporter since he arrived, but I just don't see this group of players responding to Buck's managing style as sad as it makes me to type that. Granted, I still don't think Tom Hicks is ready to give up on Buck anytime soon so I'm not holding my breath that a mangerial change is even a possibility this offseason.

Life as a ranger fan. It's not easy...

Finally, if last night's brawl wasn't enough for you,



check this one out

No comments: