Big D

Big D

Thursday, September 13, 2007

9/15 Picks

My last picks before my wedding next week and honeymoon in Italy/France.

Somebody keep the seat warm while I'm out of the country:

@UNC -3 over UVA -- Medium. I tend to have a good gauge when mediocre teams like these get together early in ACC play. Basically 2 programs going in opposite directions and I'll take the ome team.

Cincy -7 over Miami (OH) -- I love that judo champion Safety on Cincy and I like any team Brian Kelly coaches. This is supposedly some kind of rivalry but I see a better coach and better talent and see a road team covering. Small Play

@Michigan St.-11 over Pitt -- On theme of good coaches, MSU's coach left Cincy and brings a completely different attitude to a team with plenty of talent. Dave Mustache has recruited well at Pitt but this team is already severely banged up for so early in the season. Would be a big play at -8, but a medium play at -11.

@washington +4 over Ohio St. When Tyrone Willingham gets a team rolling, they have a tendency to have good things happen to them. Husky stadium may be one of the most underrated indimidating places to play, and I expect this place to be rocking. With USC and UCLA looming, why not beat OHio St. before those titanic clashes. I see the picture shaking already with Ohio st. deep in their own territory. Small play

@kentucky +6.5 / over 77 -- I said before the total came out that anything 70 or below needed to be pounded. We got 77, but I still don't think that is enough for these two offenses. Neither of these teams have much on D and plenty on O. Over 77 Big Play / Kentucky +6.5 Medium Play SC -9.5 over Nebraska I don't buy into Callahan at Nebraska. Until they win a game like this, I won't believe in the big 12 north or nebraska. USC is rested and hungry to play anybody in lincoln or baghdad. Medium PLay

@UNLV +17 over Hawaii I can't believe the people in Vegas threw out this number. UNLV just takes a very good Wisconsin almost to the gun and then we are supposed to believe Colt Brennan and his Hawaii offensive juggernaut are going to walk in and score 70. I don't buy and the +17 is an embarrassment to the UNLV program that is starting to show signs of life. Medium PLay

Few more to take a look at tomorrow.

No comments: