Big D

Big D

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Let's talk College Football

Okay, I love the rest of the sports season. I really do. There is always something going on that at least keeps me somewhat interested. I am a huge golf fan, love professional baseball (born in St. Louis), enjoy college basketball for the most part, and even will follow a little hockey here and there. But nothing gets me going like college football season.

Maybe it's because I'm getting married in less than 2 weeks that has me pondering my place in life. Whatever it is, I am starting to realize that sports doesn't need to encompass my life. If I was single, sure, I would probably be on a fast track to a Bill Simmons like obsession with sports. But thankfully, I found a woman who has given me perspective in my life. Anyways, enough with the rant. Let's talk college football. And with the major league baseball playoffs starting in early october, it doesn't get much better than this time of year. So much promise for so many teams right now in college football and some teams are facing the realization this may be a very long year.

Onto some analysis for Week 3's games:


@Air Force +8.5 over TCU

I like TCU, I do. Even if my fiance went to SMU and for some reason hates TCU with every bone in her body, I like what Gary Patterson has done with the horned frogs. He and his staff know how to play against the option, but I think Air Force is implementing some new stuff with a new head coach successing the legendary Fisher Deberry. Either way, TCU has to be on an emotional down after a heartbreaking loss in Austin after running out to a halftime lead. While they are still wondering what could have been, Air Force handled an injured Utah bunch. I think Air Force has enough firepower to stick with TCU, and I certainly feel like the number is possible if not an outright win.

Air Force Medium play

More to come later in the week

No comments: