Big D

Big D

Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Pirate Leach Recruits Jamaica




At least, he has thought about it. Texas Tech football coach Mike Leach watched the Olympics and 100M and 200M sprinter Usain Bolt win gold medals in both events.

Here are Leach's comments on the Carribbean country...

I got to be honest, I've been thinking about recruiting Jamaica since I saw that stuff," Leach told hosts Andrew Siciliano and Krystal Fernandez. "I've been to Jamaica and let me tell you something ... here's the extent that I've thought about that subject, there's approximately 2.8 million people in Jamaica, which is approximately the size of the state of Iowa or Kansas, or the city of Houston.

"It's almost like the country of Jamaica is sitting there saying, 'If you would have just told us that this was important we could have won a lot of this stuff a long time ago.'


Thanks to Wizard of Odds for this find off the Dallas Morning News Blog..

The Cotton Bowl continues its upgrades and I got to be honest.

They look good.





No comments: