Big D

Big D

Thursday, October 27, 2005

10/29 Picks

Well, I guess this blog finally has some momentum now that people have a reason to read. Hey, whatever works. I'm just happy to have some readers. We'll see how many stick around after football season is over. I plan on posting my college basketball plays here as well once that season gets rolling so hopefully people will keep reading.

I know I'm on pretty torrid stretch right now but keep in mind it can end at anytime so please don't bet beyond your means. I actually don't have any single game that sticks out over the others this week, so I will probably have a pretty consistent unit value on all of these picks (obviously the top plays may get a little more units than the others).

Enough with the public service announcement, here are this week's plays:

Top Plays
@Oregon St. -9.5 over Arizona - A decent Oregon St. team at home against a struggling Arizona team that seems to have a lot of infighting going on with their coaching staff under hothead Mike Stoops. Arizona replaced their starter last week and is going with a true freshman at QB. Arizona actually has played a lot better, especially on D, than their record (1-6) but this week doesn't seem to be the spot where they get back on track. Take the better team playing at home in this one.


@W. Michigan -7 over Kent St. - I'm not usuallly a fan of betting on teams I don't get to see all that often, but this game sticks out. Kent St. is dead last (#117) in rushing offense and 2nd to last (#116) in Rushing defense. Not a good combo, especially when your stud MLB just tore his ACL and you laid an egg at home against No. Illinois 3-34 last weekend. Also, I need to confirm this but W. Michigan has some sort of ridiculous streak of covers against Kent St. as well. I am not usually a big trend guy, but this game looks very tasty.


Smaller Plays
@Stanford +7.5 over UCLA - People continue to criticize Stanford because of their horrid start (loss against 1-AA UC Davis), but they are 3-0 in their last 3 games including 2 road wins (@ Zona, @ WAZZU) and a good win last week against a much respected AZ St. team. Stanford has a pretty salty defense and while UCLA has loads of talent on offense, their defense is atrocius. UCLA has not been a great road team this season and I expect another struggle in this one. I would not be shocked to see the upset either and thus take the 7.5 with the home dog.

Wazzu +30 over USC - I understand why this line is so high, because of the USC "pissed off" factor with being #2 in the BCS. While this game could potentially turn very ugly, USC has not crushed any teams this year with the talent of a WAZZU. A little hesitant about this play because of WAZZU's heartbreaking loss last week against CAL, but this is simply too many points. I like WAZZU getting the 30 and expect them to only lose somewhere in the 21 point range. Small play.

Navy +6 over Rutgers - Two very even teams matching up in a game both teams desperately would like to win. Rutgers needs this game to secure a bowl bid but I expect it to come right down to the wire like most Navy games. I'll take my chances with the Middies getting six points.

@Northwestern +3 over Michigan - I'll ride the Northwestern gravy train one more week but I don't like this spot nearly as much as the last two weeks. Still worth a try since they are getting points at home to an up and down Michigan team.


@No. Illinois -28 over Ball ST.
- Ball St. is one of the worst teams and run defenses in the country against a team that loves to run the ball. Don't usually lay this many points but No. Illinois should cruise in this one.

@Minnesota +4 over Ohio St. - I just think this Minnesota team has more character than in years' past and will not go quietly into the night after their Wisconsin collapse. I think the week off will give them time to get ready for a very stout Ohio St. team. I expect this one to come down to the 4th quarter and I think Minnesota may just shock the world here.

Good luck to all this week... I may add some more later so keep checking for updates...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good work pods. I like most of the plays this week. I like your disclaimer, I was planning on betting the house, and then sueing you, but now that you made your public service announcemnt your covered.

Anonymous said...

does anyone write to this other than gay trampe?

Gang of Idiots said...

Glover at least be man enough to show your identity when you post.

You're going to force me to hunt you down and give you a good beating.

Anonymous said...

Trampe chokes on cock and his picks. Good work on the picks dipshit. I always knew you were a pretender. You have one good week and you think you're McConahey. Don't quit your day job cocksucker.

Gang of Idiots said...

Hey Pussy. At least have the balls to identify yourself before you go running your mouth.

I admit this was a rough weekend. No point rubbing salt in the wounds asshole. Overall, I'm still more than fine. Too bad you jumped on this week, because I had posted 7 out of 8 positive weeks before the meltdown this weekend.
Hopefully, I can bounce back but the lines are getting sharper as the season goes on.

Regardless, shut your fucking trap.

Anonymous said...

Not only do you overrate yourself, but you lie also. You did NOT post 7 out 8 weeks positive. You have posted your pics prior to a Saturday only twice. Sure, I bet you raked it in all year before this. You are the alone in your room jack-off champion. I didn't bet with you this week anyway because you are sorry and we all know this. Give it up.

Gang of Idiots said...

Well, I guess if I don't post it on this blog it can't be true.

I didn't post my picks all season because this blog wasn't intended to be a site where I posted my picks. Once people found out I was winning some games this yearg, the demand was there for me to post my picks on the site.

I'm doing this to help out some of my friends in getting their plays together for the weekend. I will be honest when things are good and honest when things go bad. This was one bad week.

I knew I opened myself up for criticism when I started posting on this blog.

If you are so fucking smart, why don't you post your shit. Either that, or just don't fucking come around here anymore.

I'm frankly just happy people are reading the site and if it takes me going in the tank one week to get people to speak up, I'll take the trade-off.

Have a nice day jerkoff.

Anonymous said...

Man, I'm really feeling the love. I thought I was the only person in the World that visited this site, glad to know there is now 2 of us. I'll stick up for Trampe on this one, he has been up 7 of 8 week's this year. He's on a great run.

Last week was rough on anyone, regardless if they listened to Trampe or went out on their own. If anyone is coming to Trampe's site to look at his pick's and then your putting money on his thoughts, then you've got more issues than worrying about if he's 7 of 8 or 1 of 8.

Just my $0.02