Big D

Big D

Friday, October 07, 2005

10/8 College Plays

Well, I have been on a pretty good run recently if you have been following my picks. I ended up 8-2 (including 3-1 top plays) last week with posted picks on this website. Not bad if I do say so myself. Maybe I have been inspired by Matthew McConaughey's character in the new movie Two for the Money

Either way, let's hope the good run continues this week. And on a more important note, TEXAS MUST beat OU this weekend. There are no more excuses for tomorrow. NONE. TExas must take care of business. Barring a cataclysmic event or VY's getting injured, I fully expect Texas to win this one comfortably tomorrow. PLEASE GOD!!!!

Onto the picks.

PLAY OF THE YEAR TO THIS POINT

@Colorado -3 over Aggy -- I have been pretty money so far this season on my top plays. Wisconsin against UNC and Minnesota over Colorado St. come to mind right away. But this game is my top play to this point in the season. It starts with my perception of both teams going into the season. I thought Aggie was overvalued by the public and CU was undervalued by the public. Both teams' play so far has justified this thinking. This is the perfect spot for Colorado at home against a wounded and confused Aggy team. Barring a collapse by Colorado and/or an other wordly performance by Mcneal, Colorado will win this game.

Other Top PLays

These are plays that I feel pretty strongly about but definitely not betting the house.

Tech -4 over Nebraska -- Serious revenge factor going for Nebraska (worst defeat ever in Lubbock last year) and this game is in Lincoln. Not a good recipe for a Tech cover, but this is an outstanding Tech offense. While Nebraska's D has looked good so far, they will give up points to this TEch offense. I still am not sold on Nebraska's offense despite their performance last week against Iowa St. Lay the points and a better than expected Tech defensive performance will help in this one.

@Navy -1 over Air Force -- While I have been a closet member of the Navy bandwagon the last few years, Dave has put me front and center on the Navy bandwagon this year. I love their brand of football and their jitterbug QB gets me fired up. Air Force hasn't impressed me this year and the home field in Annapolis will pull the Midshipmen to victory tomorrow.

@UAB -21 over SMU -- I am familiar with this SMU program more than most, and this game will not be pretty. SMU comes of a collapse on the road against Marshall up 10-0 going into the 4th quarter. Going on the road again the following week to play the best team in Conf USA is not a good thing. This game should get real ugly. Lay he points and you will probably be enjoying the 2nd half of this one comfortably.


Other Plays

I'm betting them, but more for entertainment purposes than anything else.

Minnesota +7.5 over Michigan -- Too many points to give a team that is playing on par with Michigan so far. Minnesota comes up with a gutty performance if not an outright win in Ann Arbor.

Iowa +5.5 over Purdue -- I have been betting against Purdue for almost a year and don't see any reason to stop now. Take the points.

@Wyoming -6 over TCU -- Wyoming still undefeated against the spread. Might be time to take TCU seriously, but i'll wait to see how they do this week.

@Penn St. +3 over Ohio St. -- Going against the greater majority but I did last week as well when Minnesota came to town. Joe Pa's last stand continues this week in Happy Valley. This crowd will be amped!!!

Good luck and remember to not bet beyond your means.

No comments: