Big D

Big D

Friday, November 03, 2006

11/4 Plays

This week has been good. For the most part this season, I have stayed away from the weekday games despite the obvious trend favoring the home teams. This lack of action has cost me lots of profit over the course of the season. Not so this week. I bet on SMU at home Tuesday night, Boise agianst Fresno on Wednesday, and Louisville (or the Ville as I like to call them) against West Virginia last night. All 3 teams won and it feels nice to go into Saturday already on a winning note.

The card this week looks pretty tasty (still got 15 games I'm working through), but a few more road teams than I would like. That's okay because I have plenty of live dogs in the equation at this point. Here is what I got so far:

Indiana +6 over Minnesota

Indiana surprisingly has looked pretty impressive over the last few weeks including a pretty good thumping of Michigan St. this past Saturday. While I do like Indiana, this is more of a fade Minnesota play than anything else. The numbers do not look good for Minnesota on either side of the ball and their usually reliable running game has gone in the tank over the last month. While they have played some tough teams (Wisco, Michigan, Ohio St.), they also had a nailbiter against North Dakota St. I look for Indiana to play well enough to get a rare conference road win and easily stay within the 6 points.

Medium Play




@Wyoming -14 over San Diego St.


Wyoming rained on my parade last weekend against TCU, but I think they bounce back at home this week against a pitiful Aztec squad. The Wyoming defense shuts SDSU down and they score enough points to cover the two touchdowns.

Small PLay



Washington +17 over Oregon

Washington has had some tough luck this season but have been competitive in almost all of their games. This should be your usual Pac-10 wild one, but I'll take my chances that Washington can keep this one close.

Small PLay




@Wazzu -17 over Arizona


Washington St. has been a serious under the radar team this year, and they really have been playing well as of late. Same cannot be said for Mike Stoops bunch at ARizona. This doesn't seem like the best point in the season for Arizona to be making a long road trip to face a hot WAZZU team. I'll lay the number and hope Wazzu can continue forcing turnovers (#2 in the nation in takeaways)
Medium Play



Arkansas -2 over South Carolina

South Carolina in a tough emotional spot coming off a close loss to Tennessee at home. Arkansas has quietly been cruising behind a punishing running game and a freshman QB (Mustain) not trying to make too many mistakes. I think Arkansas is the better team here and the homefield will not be enough to save South Carolina tomorrow night.

Big Play



Va Tech -2.5 over Miami

We all know the story of Miami this season, but Va Tech saved their season with a great win over Clemson last Thursday night. The tide has completely turned in this series and Va Tech now has the mental edge on the Hurricanes even in the Orange Bowl. I see no reason for that trend not to continue tomorrow night.

Medium PLay (Could be Big depending on how the day goes)


Others:

@Vandy +17
Virginia +12
Navy -12
Fla Atlantic +12
Hawaii -27
Tulsa -3.5
East Caolina -6

Good luck to everyone this week!

No comments: