Big D

Big D

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Midweek Play and College Basketball News

I know my College Football picks have been pretty terrible this year, and I don't hide from this fact. Some years are better than others, but this season is far from over and I plan to use my learning experiences from prior years to end on a high note. In other words, PLENTY of time left in the season to right this ship.

I started this week off on a good note picking up a small win on SMU last night -5 which looked shaky during much of the game. I'm going to ride another home favorite tonight in Boise St. at home against Fresno. I know Boise is laying a fairly large number (-22 down from -26 earlier in the week), but the gap between these two teams really is that large. After taking into consideration the quit factor on the part of Fresno (they have been terrible all year) and Boise's homefield edge on the blue turf, I think Boise makes a statement tonight in a revenge situation from last year's loss.

Medium sized play on Boise St. -22.

Tonight's game is just an appetizer for the titanic clash between Top 5 teams Louisville and West Virginia which might be one of the best Thursday matchups ever.

In other news, Texas Tech lost their best player, Jarrius Jackson, yesterday due to academic reasons
. I was shaping up to Knight's best team in Lubbock and Jackson was probably the main source behind such optimism. Guess the verdict will be out on Tech now without their star player...

No comments: