Big D

Big D

Monday, July 17, 2006

Big Week Ahead




The Rangers offense hit the wall in the worst way this weekend in Baltimore failing to get even one extra base hit in 1-8 and 0-4 losses. It was the first time since the pre-ARod days back in 2000 that the Rangers offense failed to produce even one extra base hit in consecutive games. Not the time of year for the offense to experience a power outage. The next ten games should go a long way to determining whether the Rangers are serious about contending in the AL West.

The Rangers start a 3 game series in Toronto before heading to Fenway for a makeup game on Thursday. They finish this opening 2nd half roadtrip with a 3 game series against the defending world series champions in Chicago before heading home to face the Yankees in Arlington.

The offense better wake up in a hurry or the Rangers could very easily find themselves in 3rd place by this time next week.

I put the Fenway picture in this post because I got some great news this weekend thanks to the Girlfriend. Some of her family lives in Boston, and I will be attending my first game at Fenway Park over Labor Day weekend when the Sox play Toronto. I cannot freaking wait!

Also, the countdown has officially begun for the start of college football season. Last night's ESPYs on ESPN were filled with Longhorn clips and highlights from last year's Rose Bowl and other great Vince moments. It's amazing how much exposure Vince Young has brought our school, and I couldn't be happier. If you want to stroll down memory lane, check the archives on the right hand side of the page and there are quite a few posts that I made during last year's national championship run. Kind of fun to relive last season week by week.

I took a peek today at the initial lines for the first week of college football starting on Labor Day weekend. There are already a handful games that I have circled as potential good plays so be ready. Plenty of homework still to do before first kickoff, but I am starting to get pumped!

Stars Sign Washed Up Eric Lindros

No idea what the Stars organization is thinking with this signing. If they are trying to gain some credibility with fans to prove they are serious about contending, you do not sign the human concussion machine Eric Lindross. Sure it's nice the Stars have at least tried to shake things up by letting Guerin and Arnott go because both guys woefully underachieved in the playoffs. Sure, the team has added some nice role players including Daryl Sydor. But bringing Lindross in here does nothing for me, and I have little reason to be optimistic about the upcoming season. Oh well, something tells me I won't lose any sleep over it.

Keep in mind that a 29 year old Jamie Langenbrunner was also on the free-agent market this offseason. Why we let a proven playoff scorer go in the first place baffles me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see how it is, you can go to a Red Sox game, but you can't fly out here to play some golf!!!!