Big D

Big D

Friday, October 13, 2006

10/13 Weekend Plays

Fortunately, I have regained some of my confidence the last couple weeks with some positive results after traveling much of September. I still haven't had that knock em dead week. Last year I hit my top plays at a ridiculous percentage and to have a the kind of week I really want, I need to do well on my top plays. Here goes nothing:

Large Plays


Play of the week

@Kent St. -7 over Toledo

This looks like one of my strongest plays of the year so far. Kent St. has forgotten all about their struggles of last season and this appears to be a great spot to gain even more momentum going into the bye week. Homecoming weekend for the Golden Flashes and with wins @Miami (OH), Bowling Green, and Akron already under the belts, this team cannot afford a slip up against a struggling Toledo team. I look for Kent St. to assert itself early and hopefully cruise to an easy cover. Of course, this is the MAC so anything's possible but I really like this play.

South Florida -2.5 @ UNC

Originally got this one from my dad, but after looking at it more closely seems like a good play for a team that won my biggest play to date in USF's thrashing of UCONN last weekend. I'm going to ride the Bulls this week against a UNC team that seems to be headed nowhere yet again in the ACC. USF has more guys coming back from suspension so I feel pretty good about laying pts. as a small road fave in this one.

@Wisky -8 over Minnesota

I didn't know whether the new coach at Wisconsin would be able to fill Barry Alvarez's shoes, but he has done a fine job this year with the exception of a slip-up against Michigan. I still don't think Minnesota has quite the same team as previous years and this appears to be a spot where they might get exposed. Wisky lost in heartbreaking fashion last year, and I expect them to extract some revenge this year against the Gophers in the battle for Paul Bunyan's axe.

Medium Plays

Okie St. +2 @ Kansas

The Cowboys went belly up for me last week at home against K-st. so I'm hoping they get their breakthrough win this week against Kansas in a game both teams desperately need.

@Auburn +2 over Florida

Jordan-Hare should be rocking and Auburn comes up with a much needed win to make the SEC conference race very interesting heading into the 2nd half of the season.

Mizzou -2 over A&M

Aggies cannot afford to lose this game at Kyle but Mizzou has too much momentum to slip up here. Take the Tigers.

Tech -7 @ Colorado

Tech needs a bounceback game after an embarrassing loss at home to Mizzou. Colorado is a good place to get your confidence back

Hawaii -4 @ Fresno

Fresno somehow managed to lose to Utah St. last week and the wheels have completely fallen for Pat Hill's bunch since late last season. Hawaii is playing some of its best football since June Jones arrived so I'll lay the points even with the Bows traveling away from the island this week.

Small PLays

Utah -4 over Wyoming
@Bama -14 over Mississippi
@K St. +10 over Nebraska
@San Jase St. -14 over Utah st.
UCLA +10 @ Oregon
@Penn St. +6 over Michigan


Good luck to everyone this week!

2 comments:

Matt said...

congrats on the thousand hits trampe!

Anonymous said...

7-7-1. Most of losses came on small plays, but a loss is a loss is a loss.
Season total 25-28-3.
Waiting for the second half push.