Big D

Big D

Friday, October 20, 2006

10/21 Weekend Plays (Including Play of the Year)

Last week was good. Good, but not great thanks to a 7-0 record on my top bets and an abysmal performance with some of my lesser plays. I am trying to use last week as a learning experience to be a little pickier about my plays and being more agressive with the plays I do lock into as my stronger picks.

This week's card includes one play I feel very confident about (strongest I've felt about a game in at least year) and a few others that I'm still trying to figure out exactly how I feel about them. So here we go:

PLAY OF THE YEAR

Georgia Tech +7.5 over Clemson This should be a great game that is all converging into a perfect storm for Georgia Tech backers. The visitor has covered 16 of the last 17 in this series. Georgia Tech is off a bye week and Clemson has a short week coming up with a Thursday night game in Blacksburg following this home game against Georgia Tech.

Clemson has two of their top receivers out for this game and don't forget their two top linebackers already out for the year since early in the season. Clemson has put up gaudy numbers rushing (7.0 YPC) but has not faced a defense nearly as talented as the outfit Georgia Tech runs out there every week (2.5 YPC against).

This game has so much working in Georgia Tech's favor and I expect this game to be another close one with Georgia Tech have a real shot at winning this one outright. Maybe there is something I don't see with this game (Chan Gailey factor?), but I haven't felt this strongly about a single play in a long time.

As for the rest of my plays, the follwoing 4 plays all into the medium play category:

@Wyoming -3.5 over Colorado St

One of my dumber picks last week was taking Utah -4 on the road in Wyoming. Utah got their asses handed to them by the Cowboys and ended up losing 31-15 but the score could have been much worse. Wyoming showed me something last week and I think this is a good spot for them against a mediocre CSU squad who is a little banged up.

Colorado +12 @ OU

Dan Hawkings finally ended the suffering for Colorado fans with a win over Tech with the Z man and the Defee brothers in attendance for the elder Defee's bachelor party. Coloardo has gotten some confidence and makes a trip to Norman to play a wounded Sooner squad thanks to the loss of their all-world running back Adrian Peterson. Going to be tough for OU's offense to recover fromt that loss, and I'll take the Buffs to make this one cloer than expected.

@Idaho +21 over Boise St.

Sure, Boise is rolling people under new coach Chris Peterson and his potent offense. But Boise can't kill every team on the road and Idaho appears to be in a good spot here getting 3 TDs at home. I'll take my chances with the hope that Idaho shows the form they have been playing with lately.

@Wazzu +3.5 over Oregon

This game traditionally is a close one and I see no reason why this game won't be any different. Oregon is pretty banged up after their UCLA game and I expect they are gonig to get everything they want from a feisty Wazzu crowd.

Other still under consideration:

@Baylor -3.5
@Michigan -13
@LSU -32.5

Good luck to everyone this week and Go Jackets!

No comments: