Big D

Big D

Friday, October 27, 2006

Must Continue

Last week ended with a fizzle. Thank god I was unable to watch the Georgia Tech meltdown (thank you Worthy for having a birthday dinner), but it didn't take the sting out of my Play of the Year LOSS.

I know it really doesn't matter all that much, but I did pretty well otherwise on the weekend with medium sized wins with Idaho, WAZZU, and Wyoming. Colorado was close to pushing for me at +14 until Stoops decided to run up the score with about 30 seconds to play and move that game from a push to a Loss.

To rub salt in my wounds, Clemson didn't get off the bus last night against Virginia Tech in Blacksburg and I was one week off in trying to guess which game they wouldn't show up for. Lesson learned.

On a brigher note, the Cardinals are one game away from another World Championship.

On to this week's picks.

Medium Sized Plays

@Missouri -1.5 over Oklahoma

At some point, the Sooner luck is going to run out, and it has to be this weekend right? Mizzou has historically played OU tough and the teams have never been so even talent wise as this year. After their slip up against A&M, I think Mizzou knows they must win this game if they have serious thoughts of winning the North title.

Mizzou and Gary Pinkel get a landmark win against the hated Sooners.

@Georgia Tech -5 over Miami

Georgia Tech has to show up this week right? After failing to even get Calvin Johnson one catch last week, the Jackets get their offense going against a Miami team that is just a shell of its former self. If Georgia Tech loses this game, I will never bet on a Chan Gailey coached team again. I promise you that.


Wyoming +6 over TCU


Quietly, Wyoming has put together a good season relying on a damn good defense. I've taken advantage the last two weeks and I see no reason to jump off the bandwagon now in a road game against the Frogs. Sure, TCU got back in the win column against Army last week, but this game should be very close. I'll take the points in what will almost assuredly will be a defensive struggle (O/U is 38)

Other plays:

BYU -8 over Air Force
@South Carolina +3 over Tennessee
@Baylor +4.5 over A&M
LA Tech +9 over San Jose St.
@Okie St. +6 over Nebraska

Good luck to everyone this week!

No comments: