Big D

Big D

Thursday, November 18, 2004

SEC's at it again

Am I the only one that is tired of hearing about what Spurrier is going to do? Maybe it is because I live in the heart of the SEC conference, but honestly - who cares. I just read an article that Spurrier has decided to coach with Gamecocks and has pulled his name out of the running for Florida. Umm, there is just one problem, Lou Holtz hasn't officially retired. Sure, he says he's tired and all, but that doesn't mean he's done after only 7 seasons. Apparently, Holtz is not worried about Spurrierknocking down his door because they are good friends...why do I need to hear that they are good friends and Spurrier helped Hotlz's wife find a cancer doctor and Spurrier's wife went to see her in the hospital and blah, blah, blah? Doesn't he realize this man wants his job? I feel like I am taking crazy pills living down here. Does anyone understand my pain? Does anyone care? Just hire a coach and lets play ball, I don't need to hear all this superfluous crap.

And if I hear one more thing about Tenessee tattling to the NCAA, I might pull my hair out. Do people even realize they are Homer's? My guess is no. After reading Zach's wonderful diatribe on the Homer Syndrome, I laughed so hard I almost cried. You just explained the Alabama fan to a tee. AHH, but there are Homer's everywhere. I am sure if I went back to NE to see some friends I would hear how NE deserves a BCS bid. Well..maybe I would hear that Callahan sucks and how much better THEY could do coaching this team. I mean, it's not everyday that A&M beats you by 700 points...

-LH

No comments: