Big D

Big D

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Words of wisdom from LH

I cannot believe I am going to join the conversation, but Tonis has graciously invited me to share my thoughts. Since I am stuck in AL earning my doctorate at the one and only Sport Academy, I feel I have earned the right to share my thoughts on sports. Now, I will admit I am not as knowledgeable as you boys when it comes to this topic, but I can hang a little.

1. TO seems to be a god down here in AL. I believe the hillbillies have had too much of their own moonshine.
2. John Madden also makes me laugh, so much I turn the channel to watch CSI: Miami
3. The BCS needs some work, I agree. However, college football as we know it will never go to a playoff postseason because there is just too much money to be made with the bowls. So, quit b#%ching about it at appreciate that there will be repeats like the 97 (?-forgive me if I am wrong) season when #3 Kansas State did not receive a bid and played in the Toilet Bowl. I am looking forward to next year when they go to a 5 game BCS Championship, we should see some interesting match-ups with the 'little guys' getting fair chance to play- Go UTAH!
4. There's no hockey on? Wow, I didn't notice.
5. I don't care about the Nuggets, who is this Melo you speak of?
6. Friday Night Lights ranks up there with Varsity Blues and Blue Crush...good stuff.
7. Did anyone watch the AMAs on Sunday Night? The crowd booing Kobe was classic, he looked as if he would cry. I won't get on my soapbox regarding Kobe's 'alleged' raping incident, I only will say that our justice system is messed up if he is a free man. Reminds me of the time OJ, Jayson Williams and Ray Lewis were found guilty of murder...oh wait, that's right, they got off. Stupid sport celebrities. How is it ok to break the law and then drop or dismiss the charges because it might RUIN their career and livelihood? I don't think Ted Bundy got that same respect when HE was caught...OK, I'll stop.
8. I LOVE soccer. This is the sport where they start in a scrum and play with an odd-shaped ball, right?
9. Speaking of Rugby, would any of you believe that I used to play in college? Even at 95 pounds, I could do some SERIOUS damage...good times.
10. Barry Bonds sucks and he should be permanently removed from baseball along with his records. Am I the only one that has noticed his HEAD is 3 inches BIGGER and he has gained an amazing 30 pounds of muscle AFTER the age of 30? No one else thinks this is wrong? What is wrong with you people, have you no morals?
11. White winning twice can be no worse than Eric Crouch winning it once and then ruining his career by becoming a sport announcer in Lincoln.
12. JC in Utah can be no worse than me in AL.

Afterthought: I think there would be hardly ANY conflicts if everyone's semi-automatic guns were taken away. Have the politicol leaders of these countries even thought about this? If we take all the guns away, no one can shoot them at others OR into the air and injure themselves. Why has this approach not been taken? Just round up all the guns and put them under lock and key. Yes, they may go buy more, but at least children won't have them in their hands. It will be just like inner city CA is right now...and that's not too bad :)
-LH

No comments: